The Campus Mass Spectrometry Facilities (CMSF) is a Core Science Facility under the Office of Research, providing open-access mass spectrometry support to the entire UC Davis community. Additionally, we offer several mass spectrometry services to outside educational and commercial organizations. We analyze over 18,000 samples per year.
What mass spectrometry data would best support your project? Here are just some of the services that we offer:
- High resolution mass measurements
- Small molecule identification
- Peptide sequencing
- Protein identification
- Large protein intact mass measurements
- Oligonucleotide analysis
In addition, our membership program offers the following benefits:
- Open access use of state-of-the-art instrumentation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Training and consultation for up to two lab members
- No annual limit on the number of samples analyzed
- Technical support
- All for one low annual recharge fee! (fiscal year)
As a Core Science Facility, we are partnered with the other Core Science Facilities such as NMR and ICP-MS. Please visit the UC Davis Analytics website to learn more about these facilities and their services http://analytics.ucdavis.edu/.
As of May 2015, we now have a Bruker UltraFlextreme MALDI TOF/TOF thanks to an NIH Shared Instrumentation Grant. It's a wonderful instrument for open-access users.
Please contact us regarding its capabilities.
MS/MS analysis of a peptide with 20 amino acids shows a high degree of sequence coverage.